Wednesday, November 11, 2009

An Attractive Clumsiness

Nouse.co.uk has an article/interview up with Mr. Cave (in which, yet again, someone asks him about his religion or lack of).

Any interview, however, that includes this (below) is worth reading:

"As the phone rings I’m wondering about the ways he might answer it when, suddenly, the ringing stops with a bang; it seems someone has dropped the phone. There’s a succession of loud noises that sound like running and things moving around until Cave eventually speaks: “Ca-can I call you – [aside]: How long will I be? – Can I call you in 15 minutes? Is that alright?” Something about taking or collecting the kids from somewhere. It wasn’t quite the steely greeting I expected. There’s an attractive clumsiness to this notoriously shadowy figure."

LINK: http://www.nouse.co.uk/2009/11/10/nick-cave/

No comments:

Post a Comment