Monday, July 19, 2010

The Story of Deanna

A friend of mine (hi, Lori!) sent me a package a few years ago with this Cave comic taped to it. I totally forgot that I hadn't shared it with you all. I love it. :D

The top ripped off, but obviously the first frame would say, "When I was 12 years old..." This was from a feature in some magazine (SPIN, possibly) called "Real Life Rock Tales." Artists tell their tale, and someone draws it up as a comic. So these ARE Nick's own words, accompanied by artwork from Bryan Talbot. Enjoy! I find it highly amusing, and the frame with Nick and Deanna hiding behind the tree at the church cracks me up for some reason.

Click for full-size.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Yes it's from SPIN:
    http://books.google.com/books?id=IHNuYCb0ewoC&lpg=PA104&ots=jkE7yTU8D8&pg=PA104#v=onepage
    (their archives are available online)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....that's pretty adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heads up: http://soundcloud.com/muterecords/heathen-child

    Couldn't find your email address, so here you go. Merry Christmas in July!

    ReplyDelete