Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mick Harvey Quits


You all know this by now, but when I was making my next post, I found this out. LAME! I totally support his decision, and I'm glad I caught him on the Dig!!! tour, but that's just sad, really. Thank you for helping create some truly fantastic music, Mick. We'll miss you with the Seeds!

Bad Seeds co-founder Harvey quits

Posted Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:39pm AEDT

Mick Harvey, one of the founding members of Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds, is leaving the group.

After a quarter of a century with the award-winning Australian band, Harvey says he has decided to pursue other projects.

"For a variety of personal and professional reasons I have chosen to discontinue my ongoing involvement with Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds," he said in a statement.

"After 25 years I feel I am leaving the band as it experiences one of its many peaks; in very healthy condition and with fantastic prospects for the future.

"I'm confident Nick will continue to be a creative force and that this is the right time to pass on my artistic and managerial role to what has become a tremendous group of people who can support him in his endeavours, both musically and organisationally."

Harvey and Cave formed the band in 1983. While the group has been through many personnel changes, they have remained the constants.

Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds have spent the past couple of weeks performing in Mt Buller, Victoria, Brisbane and Sydney as part of the All Tomorrow's Parties festival, which they also curated.

"It was a fantastic experience to finish my touring days in the band with the recent shows in Australia and the unique events that took place in conjunction with All Tomorrow's Parties, especially Mt Buller, which was one of the many highlights of my involvement with the band throughout the years," Harvey said.

"I shall continue working on the Bad Seeds back catalogue re-issues project over the coming year and look forward to the new opportunities I shall be able to accommodate as a result of my changed circumstances."

Harvey, a multi-instrumentalist, has released several solo albums.

- AAP (from abc.net.au)

No comments:

Post a Comment