Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Creepiest Voices in Rock

Through the AMAZING Tom Waits blog, The Eyeball Kid, comes a link that amused me a bit. Both Waits AND Mr. Cave are on the list of the 13 Creepiest Voices in Rock. I find the list mostly "made of fail", as much as I hate that phrase. Really? I don't find their voices creepy so much as BADASS. And the songs they chose as Cave and Waits' "gravest"...come on. Is "The Mercy Seat" the gravest? Surely "Stagger Lee" is creepier? And "Earth Died Screaming" for Waits? Hmm..."Starving in the Belly of a Whale" creeps me out way more.

I will agree with Bjork being on there, for sure. That lady scares the HELL out of me. You know whose voice REALLY scares me, though? Tiny Tim. All the way.
Someone tell me this is a misprint. WHY IS THIS $500?!
P.S. So, am I correct in assuming the updated, gladiator/Grinderman book should be a no? That's cool. I was panic attacking thinking about it anyway, haha. XD

P.P.S.
I just got a new tattoo. It's not Cave-related, but still, it should be easy to figure out. Guess which one is mine?

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it's the Tom Waits one. I know it's probably a wild choice, but, hey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it's the Waits one...I looooooooooooooooooove it. :DDD

    ReplyDelete