Apologies if you all already have this. I am poor and don't have the means to buy awesome goodies. Hopefully, this is something at least one of you didn't already have. I am quite sure many of you have seen these performances on youtube, etc. However, this lovely, big-assed AVI file has them all in one lovely, 600MB, 45-minute-long file for you to download and enjoy. If you have a really horrible Internet connection, you can find these on youtube. I just like how it's this huge, handy AVI file. :D
This is The Later Performances : Volume 2. I didn't put this together, but thanks goes to whoever did. I have tried in vain to find "Volume 1," and am quite convinced that calling this one "Volume 2" is some kind of a sick joke, as I’ve never found a Volume 1.
Includes (NOTE: some aspect ratio funkiness on some of ‘em):
- fragment from an interview that I don’t get because I’ve no idea who he’s talking about
- gorgeous version of“Rainy Night in Soho” w/ footage of punks
- “God Is In the House” w/Nick at the piano, surrounded by the Seeds (Blixa and Mick – AWWW!)
- “Nature Boy”
- Interview with a very handsome Nick at the piano, in which he talks about Johnny Cash, AB/LoO, John Peel; then Nick says they’re about to sing “There She Goes, My Beautiful World” but the performance shown is “Nature Boy” for some reason
[NOTE: I analyzed this with #4 to see if it’s the same performance, and it took me FOREVER to determine they are not the same. In #4, Nick faces the audience as he does that arm motion to signal the end of the song type thing, and in #5, he does the same arm motion but with his back to the audience. Also, in #4 the backup singers totally block the piano and in #5 they’re placed behind it. THIS IS IMPORTANT INFORMATION!]
- A fucking FANTASTIC performance of Grinderman’s “No Pussy Blues”, in which Mr. Cave kinda looks like his guitar is electrocuting him and it ROCKS!
- “More News From Nowhere”
- “Dig!!!, Lazarus, Dig!!!” (Nick and a few of the others donning sunglasses)
- “Stagger Lee” (Nick’s fingernails are painted pink like P.J.'s and P.J. is dancing offstage.)
- “Henry Lee” with P.J. from the same show as Stagger Lee
- Grinderman’s “Honey Bee Let’s Fly to Mars” (my favorite song of theirs)
When the link expires, let me know and I will re-upload it.
Nick Cave : Later Volume 2
I have more random goodies, but this thing is big enough for its own post. I'll post some other treats in the next couple of days.