Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Why We All Must Thank Laura

Laura, Laura, what to say? I can't even tell you how awesome this lady is. She uploaded the Nick bits (including the bits he shot) from Ritual Habitual, the documentary about Big Day Out 1996. Nick Cave Fixes just had a way too adorable clip of Nick splashing in a pool posted, and I freaked the hell out, desiring the rest of the video.

Well, quite frankly, LAURA IS ABSO-GENEROUS-LUTELY AMAZING! Not only was she kind enough to share this with me, but she let me know I can share it with all of you as well! This documentary is quite hard to find, apparently, and when it is found, it's drastically expensive (I have a site bookmarked that makes DVD-R's of it if you want to spend the $15, but I think you can make your own from this).

Laura put all the Nick bits in one 55-minute package. So it's rather large, but you MUST see it (melt at Nick's smile & dorkiness @ 7 mins., 34 s.). YOU. NEED. THIS. VIDEO. I haven't watched it all yet, but I'm too ecstatic not to share right now. Seriously - thank Laura! She deserves all the hugs in the world!

NSFW seven mins. or so in (only lasts a few seconds).
Nick Cave Bits of Ritual Habitual
(If link dies, let me know and I will reupload.)

NOTE: I feel like saying to NCF, I hope you don't think I'm intentionally ripping you off by posting this right after you shared the pool clip. Seriously not my intent, so I felt I should say so. I love you guys/gals and have the utmost love for you and NCF! You are the BEST.

16 comments:

  1. You are entirely too kind, BCK! I adore this blog, and I hope you all enjoy the awesomeness that is tipsy Nick running around Big Day Out :)
    My favorite quote from the whole thing -
    Nick: "He doesn't know ANYTHING about Cat in the Hat!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gawd, that video is awesome :D :D I've watched it two times now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick Cave Fixes and this blog do more than provide me with lovely pictures and video. They also provide comfort, they let me know that I am not alone in my obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't finished watching yet but the little photo session of Nick and Kylie was really cute. "ARGH HATE CHILDREN." Ahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MsEmJ, I totally agree. Part of (a BIG part) my desire to start this blog was because I wanted to find awesome people who shared my love for the music of Mr. Cave. I found WAY more awesome people than I was expecting. All of you are fantastic!

    And Joe, a new visitor (to my knowledge), YAY! I am totally adding your blog to my blogroll/links. FANTASTIC stuff you have. I am totally nabbing the BND bootlegs. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful video. Thanks so much to you for uploading and Laura for supplying! I've been wanting to see this for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where am I getting all these visitors lately? I'm so smiley to know people actually are stopping by and liking what they find here. I know I'm a bit weird, but YAY! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nick Cave fans are really the best! Thanks so very much for sharing this!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the fact that Lars Fredrikson (obviously not even trying to spell it right) is in this probably links any bands I like that could've possibly fell out of "six degrees of Nick Cave". Fuck. I don't know though, I think Henry Rollins might have also provided a pretty vital link between any music I've ever liked. . .my taste in music is such a miniscule little corner of what exists, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The six degrees of Cavedom or anyone, really, is so awesome. I've noticed it most with Clive Barker, my other #1 love. I like him, and Neil Gaiman, and they know each other, and I like the singer Voltaire (he's fuckin' hilarious!), and Voltaire's worked with Neil AND Clive...and then Tori is Neil's friend and Voltaire has covered a song of hers...and it gets more complicated from there. Weird connections between music/etc. is always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fantastic, thank you!

    Though admittedly, I can't seem to look at anything but that hat of Blixa's. It's.. -fabulous-. I think that's the only word, here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hannah, glad you enjoyed! This video...is priceless. :D I still just can't get over the splashing in the pool. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know I'm about 3 years late, but could you reupload these clips? It would be very much appreciated as I'd truly love to see them. Thx a lot in advance!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooo, I will try to reupload for you this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too big to upload. :( Hmm...Vivienne, send me your mailing address to ziggy_star(at)comcast.net and I could burn it for you. :)

      Just put as the subject "RITUAL HABITUAL" so I don't miss it.

      Delete